APR Global Campus
Customized APR Seminars:
APR provides customized, on-site seminars to companies and organizations interested in educating their advertising, marketing
and procurement teams. Choose from the topics below to customize a seminar to best suit your needs. Please contact us for
pricing and further information. Please note that our seminars are available for advertisers, agencies, and industry associations.
Association of National Advertisers (ANA) Seminars
APR is the official instructor of advertising production seminars for the ANA. Throughout the year APR conducts various in-person and webinar training sessions for ANA members. Sign up for the APR mailing list and we’ll keep you informed of upcoming training seminars.
Overview of the Television Production Process
Approximately one full day (8 hours with lunch)
The focus on this day is the Brand’s role throughout the process and how you, as a marketer, can contribute successfully. An interactive overview of TV production is given including process flow, best practices and key cost drivers in each of the following stages:
- Overview of Production Process – Roles & Responsibilities/Accountability
- Planning and Budgeting, Bidding Best Practices
- How to Review a Director’s Reel and how to provide feedback to your agency
- Pre-Production – Key Decision Points
- Casting: Actors, Celebrities, Real People
- Managing Your Talent Part I
- Shoot: Roles, Pitfalls and Troubleshooting
- Post-Production / Animation & Special Effects: How to manage the process, increase communication and keep costs within your budget
- Music and Sound Design: General Overview
- Cost Drivers and Strategies for Efficiencies
Overview of Print & Outdoor Production
45 min. – 90 min.
Gain a better understanding of the print production process and learn best practices for working with agencies on still photography shoots. We will also discuss how to leverage your creative needs based on deliverables. Other topics to be covered may include bidding and pre-production, key cost drivers, negotiating usage rights for models and photographers and pre-press definitions.
Overview of Radio and Audio Production
This module includes a general overview of the radio production process, best practices and key cost drivers, including guidelines for using music and sound design in your commercial.
Music Licensing & Negotiations
45 min. – 1 hr
Tips for licensing popular music, the costs involved, the legalities, the latest trends, and best practices for contracts.
Talent 101 & 201: Usage Rights & Special Talent Considerations
1 - 2 hrs
What the marketer needs to know about union and non-union talent, as well as understanding talent classifications and why casting specs are so important. We will also touch on how to negotiate with talent for new media usage.
During this module, we will offer insights into global production—the risks, cost considerations and the latest trends.
Industry Trends Overview
30 min. - 90 min.
Discuss the latest trends such as 3D production, production incentives, preferred vendors, decoupling, integrated production, transcreation, eco-friendly production, etc.
Learn about state-sponsored production incentives and how they can provide money back on a portion of your total production spend—up to 30% in some cases. However, it requires careful planning during the earliest stages of the process.
Re-Purposing Content Across Media
45 min. – 1 hr
Learn best practices for re-purposing content across media and how establishing an efficient process can ensure success.
Technology and Marketing
30 min. - 2 hrs
Discussion on how you, as a marketer, can take advantage of online tools such as Digital Asset Management, Client stock libraries, online approval, and project management online
Approximately one full day (or customize per modules below)
The Digital Production Process – The 4D’s (approx. 2.5+ hrs)
- Discovery Phase: Learn how to manage risks, mitigate costs and boost efficiencies.
- Design Phase: Learn the bidding and design process. Review cost savings methods, common budgeting practices, and pitfalls in digital advertising.
- Development & Deploy Phases: Learn about workflow, milestones and the project launch. We will also cover common issues that may be encountered during this phase.
Cost Drivers & Best Practices (30 min)
- Discuss the cost drivers for digital production and best practices to maximize efficiencies.
Tech Talk & Terms (45 min)
- Learn common technical terms and references used in digital production and advertising. Designed to enhance communication with agencies and technical partners.
Web Videos (30 min)
- Review best practices for Web video production and solutions for common production issues that may occur.
Technology & Innovation (1 hour)
- Learn about the newest trends and ideas within the technical world and how they may impact advertising or be leveraged for campaigns in the future.
- Gain a better understanding of the production process for social media. Learn about the types of social media productions, timing, and budgetary guidelines. Understand issues faced during production, and risk mitigation strategies to help protect your brand from common production pitfalls.
- Applications are powerful tools for marketers to help promote their brands and create meaningful user experiences. Learn about the various types of applications from mobile apps (vs. mobile web) to Facebook apps, and explore production approaches for app development. Discuss the timing and cost impacts of utilizing different methodologies, and best practices for successful application development.
All Digital Production modules will include visual media, demonstrations, interactive participation and review. If you do not see the module here that you are looking for, please let us know so we can customize to meet your needs.